Practicum/work experience requirements
Students need to travel to various locations to complete their clinical practice experiences. Within the time frame of the program, every effort is made to accommodate students in clinical placements. Students may need to travel up to 100 kilometres. Access to a vehicle may be needed. Students may need to work a variety of shifts during practicum including days, evenings, and weekends.
Before you attend your practicum, you will need:
- to successfully complete all prerequisite courses.
- a clear Police Information Check. A Vulnerable Sector Check is also needed if you are over 18 years of age.
- an up-to-date immunization record.
- to complete the AHS Information & Privacy online learning module.
- to complete the HSPNet consent form.
- N95 mask fit testing arranged by the program (current within two years).
There may be costs associated with completing these requirements. See Completing work, practicum, and clinical requirements for details and further instructions.
International students: You must get a co-op work permit before beginning the work-integrated learning component of the program. A medical exam may also be needed. See Co-op work permit for more information.