Additional costs such as textbook and supplies may apply. You must purchase 10 foot care kits (approximately $350).
You can buy the textbook directly from the publisher, Foot Canada. The NorQuest College bookstore sells single-use bundled kits for your clinical placement.
- active licensure in Canada as an licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, or nurse practitioner, and license in good standing
Practicum/work experience requirements
Before you attend your practicum, you will need:
- to successfully complete all prerequisite courses.
- the following courses. Certificates will be awarded upon completion:
- It's Your Move: XHLT 1070 (current within one year)
- WHMIS: XBUS 1017 (current within three years)
- BLS (CPR): XHLT 1200 (current within one year)
- HBPE: XHLT 1023 (current within three years)
- a clear Police Information Check. A Vulnerable Sector Check is also needed if you are over 18 years of age.
- an up-to-date immunization record.*
- to complete the AHS Information & Privacy online learning module.
- to complete the HSPNet consent form.
- N95 mask fit testing (current within two years).
There may be costs associated with completing these requirements. See Completing work, practicum, and clinical requirements for details and further instructions.
What to expect
You will develop a professional resource portfolio throughout the course that will be used in practicum and after program completion. By the end of this course, you will be prepared to provide foot care in either private practice or in a health-care setting.