Practicum/work experience requirements
Students may need to travel or relocate anywhere in Alberta to complete their practicum due to site availability and are responsible for the associated costs. Access to a vehicle may be needed. Within the time frame of the program, every effort is made to accommodate student preferences in practicum placements. In extreme circumstances, NorQuest College may need to delay a student’s practicum until a placement becomes available.
Before you attend your practicum, you will need:
- to successfully complete all prerequisite courses.
- the following courses. Certificates will be awarded upon completion:
- BLS (CPR): XHLT 1200 (current within one year)
- It's Your Move: XHLT 1070 (current within one year)
- a clear Police Information Check. A Vulnerable Sector Check is also needed if you are over 18 years of age.
- an up-to-date immunization record.
- to complete the AHS Information & Privacy online learning module.
- to complete the HSPNet consent form.
- N95 mask fit testing (current within two years).
There may be costs associated with completing these requirements. See Completing work, practicum, and clinical requirements for details and further instructions.
International students: You must get a co-op work permit before beginning the work-integrated learning component of the program. A medical exam may also be needed. See Co-op work permit for more information.
Students in the online delivery must attend an on-campus workshop, including an assessment of practical skills, before starting their practicum.