Practicum/work experience requirements
Before you attend your first practicum, you will need:
- to successfully complete all prerequisite courses.
- the following courses. Certificates will be awarded upon completion:
- WHMIS: XBUS 1017 (current within three years)
- BLS (CPR): XHLT 1200. For the duration of your practicum, you must hold BLS for Health Care Provider’s certification that has been completed within the last 12 months
- HBPE: XHLT 1023 (current within three years)
- a clear Police Information Check. A Vulnerable Sector Check is also needed if you are over 18 years of age.
- an up-to-date immunization record.*
- to complete the AHS Information & Privacy online learning module.
- to complete the HSPNet consent form.
- N95 mask fit testing arranged by the program (current within two years).
* Immunization requirements:
- For full-time, all other part-time, and online delivery students, up-to-date immunizations must be completed and a record submitted two weeks before the first clinical practice.
- For regional part-time delivery students, up-to-date immunizations must be completed and a record submitted two weeks before entry into the program.
There may be costs associated with completing these requirements. See Completing work, practicum, and clinical requirements for details and further instructions.
International students: You must get a co-op work permit before beginning the work-integrated learning component of the program. A medical exam may also be needed. See Co-op work permit for more information.