Practicum/work experience requirements
Before you attend your clinical practice, you will need:
- to successfully complete all prerequisite courses.
- the following courses. Certificates will be awarded upon completion:
- WHMIS: XBUS 1017 (current within three years)
- BLS (CPR): XHLT 1200 (current within one year)
- It's Your Move: XHLT 1070 (current within one year) or alternative injury prevention course
- HBPE: XHLT 1023 (current within three years)
- a clear Police Information Check. A Vulnerable Sector Check is also needed if you are over 18 years of age.
- an up-to-date immunization record.
- to complete the AHS Information & Privacy online learning module.
- to complete the HSPNet consent form.
There may be costs associated with completing these requirements. See Completing work, practicum, and clinical requirements for details and further instructions.