We expect international students to arrive in Canada on time to attend in-person classes on campus.

Fully vaccinated travelers may be randomly selected for a mandatory COVID-19 arrival test, which can be either conducted at the airport or you might receive a self-swab kit to take with you. If selected for testing, you will have to quarantine in a suitable place while you await the arrival test result, however, you will be allowed to take connecting flights and travel to your place of quarantine, without waiting for your arrival test results. 

To enter Canada, you must complete a full series of vaccinations from the Health Canada-approved list of vaccines at least 14 days before travelling. Foreign nationals who are 18 or older and do not qualify as fully vaccinated travellers will not be allowed to enter Canada, including to study at a designated learning institute (DLI). Check if you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller here.

For more tips, watch our pre-arrival webinar for International students.

Once you finalize your travel and quarantine plans, fill out this form.

International student quarantine plan

All students, regardless of their vaccination status, must provide the college with information about their 14-day quarantine (self-isolation) arrangements before travelling. You must enter this information into the ArriveCAN app before your trip. It will be requested also at the airport or border upon arrival. Not following Government of Canada protocols may result in being denied boarding or entry into Canada. Students may be fined also in certain situations for non-compliance.

Travellers vaccinated with the full series of one of the Government of Canada approved vaccines for travel (at least 14 days before they entered Canada) may be exempt from the need to quarantine, subject to the Canada Border Services Agency officer’s discretion. However, international students still need to arrange their self-isolation accommodation for 14 days, in case they exhibit COVID symptoms while travelling or if their proof of vaccination will be deemed unacceptable.

If you are planning to travel to Canada, email travel.safe@norquest.ca as early as possible to inform us so we can ensure you have everything necessary in place for your safe travel and self-isolation. We will email during your first two weeks in Canada to check your well-being.

Refer to the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada web page to stay up to date with travel requirements for fully vaccinated travellers.

Travel requirements

Your travel arrangements must include the following:

  • proof of negative COVID-19 molecular test taken up to 72 hours before the scheduled departure time to Canada.
  • proof of vaccination in English or French. If your vaccination record was issued in a language other than English or French, it must be accompanied by a certified translation in English or French.
  • document showing the arrangements for your 14-day quarantine including arrangements for necessary supplies of food/meals, medication, and cleaning services. Be ready to show this quarantine plan to a Canadian Border Services Agency officer upon arrival to Canada. Download and fill out all needed information in the ArriveCAN app.
  • if your country of residence is on the list of the medical exam required countries, check your MyCIC account to ensure that your medical exam is still valid. If your medical exam was completed more than 12 months ago, you must undergo another medical exam before you can travel.
  • unvaccinated international students must take an arrival test at the airport and another COVID-19 molecular test on day 8 of their 14-day quarantine. Instructions will be provided at the airport. Your quarantine will end after the 14th day only if you get a negative test result from your Day 8 test. Important: international students must be fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine to travel to Canada. Exceptions will include international students under the age of 18 studying at approved institutions such as NorQuest College.
  • Use this Travel Wizard Tool to verify if you are eligible to travel to Canada.

Let us know you are travelling

All international students must notify NorQuest College if they are planning to come to Canada. Read these instructions and fill out the form below.

  • Complete the form at least seven business days before travelling.
  • If your travel plans change, you can update your information.
  • When filling out the form, you must include your flight information. This will start the quarantine reporting process and notifications from the International office.
  • You will receive notifications through MyMail. Ensure you have access to your MyMail account, and check your notifications daily.
  • Review the eligibility guidelines before making travel plans.

Email travel.safe@norquest.ca if you have any questions