Visa Status

Update NorQuest College about your student visa status and your readiness to join the program by filling out this form. You can fill it out again if your application status or intentions change after your previous submission.

The personal information collected in this form will be used to facilitate your enrolment as an international student at NorQuest College. Please note that the information you provide will be used to verify your identity and to record the information in your student file. Collection and use is authorized under section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP Act). Collected personal information will be protected from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure in accordance with the FOIP Act. Questions about the specific collection, use, and disclosure can be directed to Elena Spirkina, Team Leader, International Student Supports & Immigration Compliance, Room 1-215C, 10215 108 St. Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 1L6, 780.644.6688 and

* Required fields

Study Permit Details


You need to inform IRCC that you have transferred to another institution.

Please note that co-op work permits issued for another institution won’t be acceptable for proceeding with NorQuest College’s work placements. You will need to obtain a new co-op work permit that would indicate NorQuest College. Please consult with an International Student Advisor if you have questions.

You can either:

  1. Reapply for a study permit with more documentation if you have sufficient time before the program start, or
  2. Withdraw from the program by sending your refusal letter to

Check the current IRCC study visa processing timelines and make sure to apply well in advance. If you have less time left than what the processing time indicates, you should reapply to the program in another future intake. 
Are you planning to submit an “Outside Canada” study permit application? You should select “Yes” even if you are inside Canada, unless you are inside Canada and one of the following situations applies to you: 

International students are required to obtain a study permit for programs longer than 6 month and for the purpose of obtaining a post-graduation work permit upon program completion. Please consult with an International Student Advisor if you have questions.

Co-op Work Permit Details

If you are in a program that includes a mandatory work-integrated learning component (practicum, clinical, field experience), you will require a co-op work permit in addition to the study permit.


Please email a copy of your co-op work permit to for verification.

Once you receive the decision on your application, please resubmit this form again.


You will need to apply for a new co-op work permit that indicates NorQuest College as the Employer. Co-op work permits issued for another institution are not acceptable to proceed with NorQuest College’s work placements.