What to expect from the program
NorQuest provides smaller class sizes with supportive instructors who are committed to your success. The Arts and Sciences diploma includes a wide variety of course offerings. You’ll graduate with a minimum of 60 credits—all of which are transferable to several post-secondary institutions in Alberta.
Choose between full-time or part-time studies and enjoy an educational experience that fits your life. Some courses are offered online.
Personalized study plan
Work one-on-one with a student advisor to choose your courses and navigate university transfer requirements, so you can graduate with confidence.
Preparation for university
Gain the knowledge, credits, and critical reading and writing skills necessary for further post-secondary studies.
Student support services
NorQuest provides a range of student support services, including free tutoring, mental health and wellness services at the Centre for Growth and Harmony, career coaching, and more.
What you’ll learn
This program currently includes non-specialization—in which you’ll choose from eight courses across Humanities, Social Sciences, and Sciences—or a specialization in New Media, Communications, and Technology. In addition to your course material, you’ll:
- Develop critical thinking, reading, and writing skills
- Analyze various forms of digital information and media to identify and evaluate source types and content
- Build literacy skills across arts and science disciplines
- Develop creative, innovative, and responsive approaches to problem-solving
- Conduct research using a variety of databases, search engines, and other forms of knowledge gathering
- Apply research methodologies in a variety of contexts
Graduate with experience
NorQuest provides a unique opportunity to gain direct experience. Through these credit courses, you can apply the knowledge you’re learning in the classroom to real-life situations.
- Work alongside faculty as a Research Assistant or Consultant
- Spearhead conferences or community and technology-based research projects
- Co-author research publications
Community Service Learning
NorQuest will match you with community partners in:
- Communications and Journalism
- New media such as podcasting
- Arts communities including galleries and festivals