What to expect from the program
This program is broken into three badges. You can take all three badges to earn your microcredential or take a single badge. Each badge includes a 16-week completion period.
- Technology in Healthcare (4.5 hours)
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Healthcare (5.5 hours)
- Privacy, Security, and Confidentiality in Health Technology (3.5 hours)
Some of the skills and knowledge you’ll develop include:
- Factors that affect implementing technology in healthcare settings
- Identifying key factors in selecting and evaluating technology for healthcare needs
- Examining the benefits of using innovative technologies such as augmented and virtual realities in healthcare provision
- Understanding simulation-based learning and examining steps to debriefing staff or students
- Using AR or VR simulations to protect the psychological and physical safety of your staff, clients, or students
- Identifying security concerns, laws, and regulations in healthcare technology
You can complete this program entirely online and enjoy a flexible environment to earn professional development hours and advance your career.
Who is this program for?
Designed for healthcare leaders or professionals, this program is for:
- Health Care Aides, Therapy Assistants, and Recreation Therapist
- Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses
- Psychologists and mental health professionals
- Healthcare educators and teachers
- Healthcare team leads and managers
If you work in healthcare and are interested in exploring technology to improve processes and patient care, this program is for you!
Business professionals may also have an interest in completing this program, especially if you have strong technical skills and a computer-related background.
This program can help you improve the processes in your current position, or it can help you advance your career into a new role as a:
- Simulation Consultant / Coordinator
- Health Educator
- Technology Integration Support Specialist
Once you complete the program, you’ll receive a digital, shareable credential that you can use on your LinkedIn profile, resume, and portfolio.
This microcredential is open for enrolment to anyone of interest. However, we recommend that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- secondary school completion
- grade 12 English or higher
We recommend a level of technical competence which includes proficiency in:
- navigating the Internet
- using word processing program like Microsoft Word
A diploma or degree in a health-related or computer-related field is considered an asset. If you have previous experience working in fields such as healthcare, administration, or technology, this microcredential is a great opportunity to build on your experience.
Reduced program fees
As a pilot program, we’re offering a limited time sale on the microcredential. If you’re interested in this program, we recommend you register as soon as possible to lock in your savings.
Register for the program
To register for a badge, please click on the title and purchase the badge online. You’ll be directed to a new page where you can make your purchase.
See full curriculum
Privacy notice statement
The personal information requested on this form is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to process your request for information, for internal statistical and enrolment management purposes and to provide ongoing information regarding our courses, programs or events. For information about the collection and use of this information, contact the Regulatory & Compliance Coordinator at 10215 108 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5J 1L6, Tel. 780.644.6000.