What to expect from the program
This program is broken into three badges. You can take all three badges to earn your microcredential or take a single badge. Each badge includes a 16-week completion period.
- Introduction to Health Information Management in Canada (15 hours)
- Introduction to Health Data Queries (30 hours)
- Introduction to Health Data Analysis and Visualization (30 hours)
Some of the skills and knowledge you’ll develop include:
- Overview of the Canadian health care system, delivery, and regulations regarding health information
- Information privacy, security and confidentiality of health information and records
- Introduction to health data queries
- Foundation in health statistics
- Health data analysis and visualization
You can complete this program entirely online and enjoy a flexible environment to earn professional development hours and advance your career.
Who is this program for?
This program is designed for healthcare professionals looking to move into an administrative role, improve processes in their current role, or advance their career. Students might have the following job titles:
- Healthcare administrative personnel who work with data entry
- Healthcare educators and teachers
- Healthcare team leads and managers
If you work in healthcare and are interested in how data can improve processes and patient care, this program is for you!
Business professionals may also have an interest in completing this program, especially if you have strong technical skills and enjoy exploring and analyzing data.
After completing this program, you can explore a wide range of roles, including:
- Clinical Data Manager
- Clinical Informatics Coordinator
- Data Coordinator
- Health Information Analyst
- Health Record Administrator
- Information Privacy Coordinator
- Panel Coordinator
Once you complete the program, you’ll receive a digital, shareable credential that you can use on your LinkedIn profile, resume, and portfolio.
This microcredential is open for enrolment to anyone of interest. However, we recommend that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- secondary school completion
- grade 12 English or higher
We recommend a level of technical competence which includes proficiency in the following:
- navigating the Internet
- using word processing programs like Microsoft Word
- using spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel
A diploma or degree in a health-related or computer-related field is considered an asset. If you have previous experience working in healthcare, administration, or technology, this microcredential is a great opportunity to build on your experience.
Reduced program fees
As a pilot program, we’re offering a limited-time sale on the microcredential. If you’re interested in this program, we recommend you register as soon as possible to lock in your savings.
Register for the program
To register for a badge, please click on the title and purchase the badge online. You’ll be directed to a new page where you can make your purchase.
Register for the program by signing up for each course, or select a course below to register individually.
See full curriculum
Privacy notice statement
The personal information requested on this form is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to process your request for information, for internal statistical and enrolment management purposes and to provide ongoing information regarding our courses, programs or events. For information about the collection and use of this information, contact the Regulatory & Compliance Coordinator at 10215 108 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5J 1L6, Tel. 780.644.6000.