Each badge can be completed in 16 weeks. They can be taken in any order or completed individually. To obtain the microcredential, you must take all three badges.
A microcredential provides you with opportunities to gain specific skills or competencies that are workforce relevant and valued by employers, without enrolling in a credential program. Plus, you will receive a digital, shareable credential to help you stand out in the competitive job market. They benefit the learner by:
- upskilling in a personalized way based on your career interests
- being flexible to your busy schedule
- shareable to your professional network in a digital way
- transferable workforce relevant skills that can build on your current career or help you transition into another job role
This microcredential is open for enrolment to anyone of interest. We recommend that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- secondary school completion
- grade 12 English or higher
We recommend a level of technical competence which includes proficiency in:
- navigating the Internet
- using word processing program like Microsoft Word
- using spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel
A diploma or degree in a health-related or computer-related field is considered an asset. If you have previous experience working in fields such as healthcare, administration, or technology, this microcredential is a great opportunity to build on your experience.