What to expect from the program
This program is broken into three badges. You can take all three badges to earn your microcredential or take a single badge. Each badge includes a 16-week completion period.
- Introduction to Project Management in Healthcare (7.5 hours)
- Introduction to Design Thinking in Healthcare (7.5 hours)
- Introduction to Business Management for Healthcare (15 hours)
Some of the skills and knowledge you’ll develop include:
- Examining a project management life cycle and applying project management tools
- Understanding the design thinking process and comparing different stages;
- Identifying best practices in healthcare business management specific to operations, marketing, finance, administration, and technology;
You can complete this program entirely online and enjoy a flexible environment to advance your career and gain project and business management skills without taking an expensive or lengthy certificate program.
Who is this program for?
Designed for healthcare professionals, this program is for:
- Health Care Aides, Therapy Assistants, and Recreation Therapist
- Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses
- Psychologists and mental health professionals
- Healthcare educators and teachers
- Healthcare team leads and managers
- Business professionals looking to branch into healthcare
In addition, this program is ideal for individuals who:
- Wish to embrace a growth mindset
- Are attempting to avoid red tape that can often limit idea development in large organizations
- Are looking to bring an important and meaningful solution into the healthcare industry
This program will give you the foundational knowledge you need to create your very own healthcare business while also giving you a competitive advantage in the job market.
Some career opportunities include:
- Project Management Coordinator
- Project Management Support
- Project Control Specialist
- Small Business Manager
- Interaction Designer
- Entrepreneur/Small Business Owner
After completing a topic, you’ll receive a sharable, digital badge that you can use on your LinkedIn profile, resume, and portfolio.
This microcredential is open for enrolment to anyone of interest. However, we recommend that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- secondary school completion
- grade 12 English or higher
We recommend a level of technical competence which includes proficiency in:
- navigating the Internet
- using word processing program like Microsoft Word
A diploma or degree in a health-related or computer-related field is considered an asset. If you have previous experience working in fields such as healthcare, administration, or technology, this microcredential is a great opportunity to build on your experience.
Reduced program fees
As a pilot program, we’re offering a limited time sale on the microcrential. If you’re interested in this program, we recommend you register as soon as possible to lock in your savings.;
Register for the program
To register for a badge, please click on the title and purchase the badge online. You’ll be directed to a new page where you can make your purchase.
See full curriculum
Privacy notice statement
The personal information requested on this form is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to process your request for information, for internal statistical and enrolment management purposes and to provide ongoing information regarding our courses, programs or events. For information about the collection and use of this information, contact the Regulatory & Compliance Coordinator at 10215 108 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5J 1L6, Tel. 780.644.6000.