What to expect from the program
In this live-online, part-time program, you can enjoy an immersive, collaborative classroom experience from the comfort of your home. Ideal for learners who have full-time work, you can take this program while filling your other commitments.
All behaviour is a form of communication. And in this program, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of what certain behaviours are communicating, so you can respond in a way that encourages progress, trust, and certainty. By teaching the three-part model of biology, psychology, and environment, you’ll learn how these facets interplay with one another and lead to behaviours of concern.
You’ll also learn:
- How the brain and processes can affect behaviour and regulation
- How trauma affects behaviour
- How to support families for self-regulation and co-regulation
- How behaviour manifests in different developmental periods
- And much more
An optional field placement is also included in this program. You can gain 150 hours of work experience. Take the knowledge you learned in the classroom and apply it to real-life situations, such as:
- Observation and data collection
- Regulation and relationship-building
- Encouraging meaning and joy
By gaining on-the-job training, you’ll also have the chance to reflect on and discuss practices, so you can deepen your understanding while making important industry connections.