Student Career & Employment Services
At Student Career and Employment Services, we care about where you are going and want to help you succeed. Finding a job or planning your career can be overwhelming. We can make it easier.
Student Information and Guidelines
The following services are available to all current students, as well as alumni who graduated from NorQuest College within the last six months.
- Reviewing resumes and cover letters: During this appointment, a Career Consultant will go over your existing resume and cover letter and provide you with feedback on content, structure and format. We require you to bring a resume and cover letter to the appointment in order for the Consultant to review them. The Consultant will not write a resume or cover letter for you, nor will they retype your existing ones. As the Student Career and Employment Services department does not retain copies of students’ resumes and cover letters, ensure that you keep copies of the documents.
- Assisting with application forms
- Preparing for job interviews
- Conducting mock interviews
- Assisting with portfolio development
- Assisting with volunteer opportunity searches
- Providing effective job search techniques
- De-briefing interviews
- Assisting with the career planning and decision making process
- Providing up-to-date labour market, education and training information
- Preparing for informational interviews
- SCES provides computer access for job search and career planning purposes
- SCES has information on job search, occupational research and educational planning
- Consultants facilitate classroom presentations and workshops on all employment and career planning topics
- SCES organizes job fairs throughout the year for students looking for full- or part-time employment
Search for jobs here
Employer Information and Guidelines
Student Career and Employment Services will post your employment opportunity free of charge, however, the department reserves the right to decline postings. Review our Employer Recruitment Guidelines
to determine the suitability of your positions.
Room C101, Building C, Downtown Campus
10230 - 108 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 1L4