Social Work & Settlement Services

Being a student can bring a number of stressors. A strong social support network can help you through the stress of difficult times and is a good investment in your mental and physical health and well-being.

Our Social Work and Settlement Services believe that creating supportive networks and strong ties to the community is particularly effective in helping people cope with stress and assists with developing personal coping resources.

NorQuest Social Work and Settlement Services provide free services to students. We work with students valuing their strengths to develop personal resources and supportive networks in the community.

We work on building relationships with community agencies, to provide students with information and referrals to various supports, assist students in navigating systems, and facilitate sessions and events related to our student’s lives on and off campus.

When should you refer to Social Work and Settlement Services?

We can help you develop plans to deal with issues related to:

  • Being new in town
  • Family and children
  • Leisure and recreation
  • Relationships
  • Recreation and festivals
  • Legal issues
  • Housing and other basic needs
  • Budgeting and Financial difficulties
  • Personal documents and applications
  • Mental health and addictions

Locations & Contact Information

Edmonton Downtown Campus

Edmonton Downtown Campus
Jessica Martinez Perez, Social Worker
Room A125, Heritage Tower
Phone: 780.644.6130

Edmonton Westmount Campus
Christine Womiloju, Settlement Support Worker
Room 203
Phone: 780.644.6756

Monday to Friday
8:15 AM to 4:30 PM
Appointments can be made in-person or by phone.

Note: Student services are available to all NorQuest students but may not be delivered on-site at all campuses.

Emergency Contacts

Access our list of emergency contacts.