Student Incident, Injury or Accident Information

Did you know that students registered and attending post-secondary studies in Alberta are considered workers under the Alberta Workers’ Compensation Act of Alberta and have Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) coverage?

WCB is an insurance system that may cover incidents, injuries, or accidents arising out of or in the course of employment for workers.

A registered student attending NorQuest who experiences an incident/accident/injury in a classroom/lab setting, or while participating in activities in their “work as a student” and reports it according to the reporting procedures, may be eligible for a claim.

Studying at home or participating in social extracurricular activities are usually not considered part of the student's work.

Students who have an incident, injury, or accident on campus or during their work-integrated learning experience must report it.

NorQuest College may buy other accident and injury coverage for students who do not qualify for Alberta WCB student coverage. Email for more information.

See Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) Alberta for more information.

Contact Information

Room A109, Civic Employees Legacy Tower, Edmonton campus
10215 108 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5J  1L6




Monday - Friday
8:15 am - 4:15 pm