A limited number of lockers on Main Campus can be rented by registered students for $10.00 per term. The fee is non-refundable
and is used for locker administration and maintenance. Locker rentals are on a first-come/first-served basis.
To obtain a locker:
- Select an available locker (lockers without a lock and tag). The locker which you choose to rent will be yours for the entire term, so ensure the location chosen for your lockers is suitable.
- Secure locker with your lock.
- Go immediately to register your locker, complete the agreement and pay the fee:
- Students in all buildings on Main Campus (main building, Capital Centre, and the Health Education Centres) go to the Bookstore located in room A026 (lower level of the Main Building).
- Students at the Westmount Campus, go to the Westmount office.
- Complete the Locker Agreement form.
- Provide payment and receive your locker tag.
- Proceed to your locker and place the locker tag onto your lock.
- Re-register your locker each term!
Terms & conditions of locker rentals
- Lockers are NOT transferable between students.
- There is a limit of 1 locker per student and sharing of lockers is not permitted.
- Possession of a rented locker can take place on the date payment has been made.
- Lockers must be vacated on or before the end date listed on the rental agreement form.
- If a locker remains occupied after the rental end date, the lock may be cut and locker contents emptied.
- DO NOT put your lock on a locker that is not assigned to you. If at any point during the rental period an unauthorized individual is occupying a locker, the lock will be cut and locker contents emptied by authorized personnel.
- Unauthorized individuals occupying a locker may be charged $20 (including GST) to retrieve their items. Students can pay this fee at the bookstore.
- Items cleared from lockers will be held for up to a maximum of 30 days after which time the contents will be destroyed or donated to the Students’ Association. For sanitary reasons, clothing and perishable items will immediately be destroyed.
- If at any point in the rental period a student requires their lock to be cut, the student can contact the bookstore. Students will need to produce their valid NorQuest ID card. At other locations they will contact their admin who will validate the student locker number and will contact the bookstore to request the lock to be removed.
- The College reserves the right to access lockers at its sole discretion if there is a suspected security risk or there is an environmental concern such as pest control or odors. Security has the right to enter a locker at anytime should they suspect it contains items that put the College environment in danger. Any criminal activity will be reported to police. The College is required to provide police with access in the event of a criminal investigation.
- Sponsored students (students whose educational fees are being paid for by a third party) must pay locker fees separately. Should a sponsored student be eligible for compensation of locker fees, the student will need to present their transaction receipt to their sponsor directly.
Problems with your locker?
- If you find a lock that is not yours on your locker, notify the Bookstore. Do not cut the lock yourself—we will remove the lock for you and empty the locker.
- If you discover that the locker you have is in disrepair, contact the Bookstore as soon as possible. We will have your locker repaired or assign you to a new one. Be sure not to wait too long—otherwise, there might not be another locker available for you.
- If you feel that having a locker is really not as useful as you thought it would be, you can cancel your locker with the Bookstore. There will be no refunds for lockers.
- Thefts from lockers and other areas do occur. If someone forcefully enters your locker, it is a criminal act and needs to be reported to Campus Security as soon as possible. The safe recovery of your items depends in large part on how quickly you report the theft.
We advise that you never keep things such as cell phones, wallets, music players (like iPods and MP3 players) or cash in your locker. Valuables should never be left in lockers overnight.
NorQuest College assumes no liability for the loss of any items stored in lockers. NorQuest College shall not be held responsible for theft or loss of any goods for any reason. It is the responsibility of the student or other individuals to ensure that their goods are stored safely.
Renewing your locker rental
Once you have been assigned a locker, it is registered to your name. If you want to keep your locker for the following year, all you have to do is visit the Bookstore and renew your locker, with payment for the next term.
Before the start of a new semester or academic year, students already renting lockers will have a few weeks to renew their lockers for their following semester. After this window passes, however, all the lockers that have not been renewed will be made available for all students to rent.
If you want to be sure to keep your locker, make sure you renew it before the end of your Rental Term. If it is taken you will have to move your belongings to your new locker as the lock will be cut.