Practicum/work experience requirements
Before you attend your field placement, you will need:
- to complete a professional portfolio. Guidelines will be provided to students before the field experience.
- a clear Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check may be needed.
For students pursuing a field placement in a K-12 classroom, the following requirements also apply:
- a Bachelor of Education degree
- a valid interim or permanent Alberta professional certificate (or equivalent certificate for students pursuing placement in context outside of Alberta)
- adherence to the Alberta Teachers’ Association’s Code of Professional Conduct and the Alberta School Act (or adherence to local K-12 policies, procedures, and certification requirements)
There may be costs associated with completing these requirements. See Completing work, practicum, and clinical requirements for details and further instructions.
International students: You must get a co-op work permit before beginning the work-integrated learning component of the program. A medical exam may also be needed. See Co-op work permit for more information.