T2202A Tax Receipt Info

Your T2202A tax receipt will only be available online through your MyQuest account. You can view the tax receipt online, or print a copy to submit with your tax return.

Note: Students in upgrading and foundational programs are not eligible for a T2202A tax receipt.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the T2202A?

The T2202A Tuition, Education, and Textbook Amounts Certificate is an official tax receipt issued to eligible students for use in claiming education expenses on an income tax return. It identifies the amount of eligible tuition and fees that were paid in the preceding calendar year, as well as the number of months of full-time or part-time attendance. Amounts are pro-rated for programs or courses that start and end in different calendar years.

* A calendar year is the period from January 1 through December 31.

What do you mean by eligible tuition and fees?

Not all fees are eligible to be included on the T2202A. To qualify as a deduction for income tax purposes, fees must be more than $100 and must be for non-credit courses and/or credit courses taken at the post-secondary level (e.g. academic upgrading courses do not qualify). In addition, non-tuition fees such as Students’ Association and Health and Dental fees are not eligible.

Only courses taken in the following programs are eligible: Aboriginal Community Support Worker,  Accounting Technician, Administrative Professional, Advanced Education in Orthopedics, Apprenticeship Prep, Business Administration, Community Support Worker, Day Home Provider, Health Care Aide, Hospital Unit Clerk, Mental Health Rehabilitation, Open Studies, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Practical Nurse, Skills for Employment, Social Work, Therapeutic Recreation, and Transitions to Employment.

Refer to the Canada Revenue Agency – Eligible Tuition Fees page for additional information.

When are the T2202A tax receipts available?

They will be available on MyQuest by the third week of February.

How do I get a copy of my T2202A?

The T2202A is now available online through the Student Center page in MyQuest; paper copies are not provided by the College. You can either view the T2202A online or print a copy for your records.

Who do I contact if I can’t remember my User ID and password for MyQuest?

Contact the Computer Commons:

  • Email:  computercommons@norquest.ca
  • Phone: 780.644.6085
  • In person: Learner Centre, 5th Floor, main building downtown Edmonton campus.

To access your T2202A online:

  • Login to MyQuest
  • Go to Self Service > Student Center
  • Go to the Finances section and under My Account click on T2202A Tax Receipt
  • Select the Tax Year from the drop down list, e.g. 2015
  • You can either copy the information directly onto your income tax form or print a copy for future reference
  • Click on Create Printable T2202A (PDF) to print a paper copy

What do I do if I experience problems generating a copy of my T2202A?

Note that the T2202A tax receipt is a PDF Adobe Reader document. Make sure that you have the most current version of Adobe. You can download a free copy of the software from Adobe.

If I pay my tuition and fees for my Winter 2016 term in 2015, will it be included on my T2202A for 2015?

No, only tuition and fees paid for courses that started in 2015 are eligible.

If I am taking courses full-time, why does my T2202A say I was part-time?

The full-time/part-time status on the T2202A is based on the hours of attendance in a month, not on your student status. The federal government’s definition of full-time hours may be different than NorQuest College’s definition. Also, the start date of a course may be at the end of a month, thus affecting the hours calculated for that month.

Please note: some students may be eligible to claim full-time status under the Disability Tax Credit. Please refer to the Canada Revenue Agency website for more information.

The school has the wrong address for me. How can I correct that for my T2202A?

You have access to update your address in MyQuest, your online student centre.

What if I suspect that there is an error on my T2202A or if I have questions relating to my tuition amount or education months? Who do I contact?

Please contact - Sinisa Dimic, Receivables Lead

I have lost my original tax receipt for an older tax year not available on MyQuest (previous to the year 2010), how do I get a duplicate copy?

Please contact - Sinisa Dimic, Receivables Lead

Please note that a $10.00 + GST administrative fee is charged for a manual duplicate or replacement T2202A.

Why does my T2202A say ‘Revised’? Can I still use this form for my tax return?

A T2202A that denotes ‘Revised’ is when a manual adjustment was made to your account. The revised version will reflect the most up-to-date information. It is considered a valid receipt for income tax purposes.

What if a third party (e.g. my parents) wants to claim the amount on the T2202A?

The T2202A will only be issued in the name of the person who was registered in classes at the College. You can print the T2202A and sign the authorization on p.2 of the form to transfer the credits to a third party such as a parent.

What if I have questions about filing my income tax return or understanding what I can deduct for tax purposes?

The College is not in a position to provide income tax advice. For information on filing your income tax return, please contact the Canada Revenue Agency by visiting www.cra-arc.gc.ca or calling 1.800.959.8281.

Having trouble?

Computer Commons



Learner Centre, 5th Floor, main building downtown Edmonton campus.