Must love animals
Veterinary Office Assistant
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
TUITION & FEES
As a valued member of the team in clinical, emergency, or specialty hospital settings, veterinary office assistants support veterinarians and technicians with essential administrative and basic veterinary medicine skills.
Get into the workforce quickly and develop skills in customer service, communications, current office technology, and more.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- have a genuine love for a variety of animals and enjoy working with the public
- are able to remain calm in unpredictable situations
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands (e.g., lift up to 16 kg (35 lbs), push or pull 45 kg (100 lbs))
- have access to transportation to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer, internet connection, and basic keyboarding/computer skills
- are able to work shift work
- are able to dedicate 40-50 hours per week for full-time studies
- work well in a team environment
- can type 40 words per minute before the program starts (try a test)
This program is not recommended for international students as the work permit required for the practicum may not arrive in time.
This program includes a practicum totalling 150 hours.