PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- bachelor's degree
English Language Proficiency Requirements
You must provide proof of ELP prior to admission. ELP test results must have been obtained within two years of the start date of your program.
Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following test scores:
- IELTS Academic: 6.5, no score below 6
- TOEFLT iBT: 84, no section below 21
- Cambridge English Language Assessment: 180; no section score below 165
- CAEL: 70, no section score below 70
- PTE Acaedmic: 59; no section score below 56
- Duolingo: 115
- minimum of:
Practicum/Work Experience Requirements
The following is not required for admission purposes, but will be required before you attend the field experience. There may be additional costs associated with completing these requirements.
- Completion of a professional portfolio. Guidelines will be provided to students prior to the field experience.
- Clear Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check may be required. See Work, Practicum, and Clinical Requirements for full details.
- For students pursuing a field placement in a K-12 classroom, the following requirements also apply:
- a Bachelor of Education degree
- a valid interim or permanent Alberta professional certificate (or equivalent certificate for students pursuing placement in context outside of Alberta)
- adherence to the Alberta Teachers’ Association’s Code of Professional Conduct and the Alberta School Act (or adherence to local K-12 policies, procedures, and certification requirements)
International students must obtain a co-op work permit before beginning the work-integrated learning component of the program. A medical exam may also be required. See Co-Op Work Permit for more information.
Students must attain a pass grade in each course to progress through the program.
Students must pass all courses to qualify for graduation.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.7
- The student must not have failed or repeated any courses