Change your community for good
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
NorQuest’s Social Work diploma program has a unique multicultural focus to best prepare you to help your clients. In addition to learning the foundations of social work, this program emphasizes the value of human diversity and teaches the practice of social work within a supportive and empowering environment.
As its mission, the program emphasizes the value of human diversity and teaches the practice of social work within an anti-oppressive framework that is supportive and empowering.
Program themes include:
- competency working in different cultures
- social work practice that recognizes and deals with oppression
- awareness of cultural displacement issues
- awareness of personal abilities and resiliency
- community practice
- holistic practice
- practice in specialized settings
Students in the Social Work program can expect to develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- social work foundations
- the helping process
- social policy
- assessment and interviewing
- social work models and practice
- working with groups
- working with families and communities
- mental health
- abuse, violence, and addictions
This program includes four practicums totalling 700 hours.