PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
NorQuest’s Social Work diploma program has a unique multicultural focus to best prepare you to help your clients. In addition to learning the foundations of social work, this program emphasizes the value of human diversity and teaches the practice of social work within a supportive and empowering environment.
Program themes include:
- competency working in different cultures
- social work practice that recognizes and deals with oppression
- awareness of cultural displacement issues
- awareness of personal abilities and resiliency
- community practice
- holistic practice
- practice in specialized settings
Students in the Social Work program can expect to develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- social work foundations
- the helping process
- social policy
- assessment and interviewing
- social work models and practice
- working with groups
- working with families and communities
- mental health
- abuse, violence, and addictions
The Social Work diploma program teaches students the value of human diversity in the context of Indigenous and multicultural knowledge and practices within an anti-oppressive and ethical framework that is supportive and empowering.
This program includes two practicums totalling 700 hours.