PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- Language Arts – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- Mathematics – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- 65% in MATH 1905 or 50% in Mathematics 10-3
Considered a valuable asset to health-care teams, medical office assistants support physicians and other health-care professionals with essential administrative support.
NorQuest’s fast-paced, 12-week Medical Office Assistant program helps you get into the workforce quickly, and develop skills to perform a variety of tasks including scheduling, billing, and communications, in addition to using current office technology and software.
Individuals are more likely to be successful in this career if they:
- enjoy working with the public
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- are able to work shift work, including evenings and weekends
- work well in a team environment
- have access to a PC computer with a stable Internet connection
- have keyboarding and basic computer skills
- can type 40 words per minute before the program starts
- are able to dedicate 40-50 hours per week for full-time studies
This program is not recommended for international students as the work permit required for the practicum may not arrive in time.
This program includes a 150-hour practicum.
The practicum may be arranged in or close to the student's community. The student's practicum schedule will follow the preceptor's schedule and may include day, evening, or night shifts any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. Students are required to work full-time during the practicum and provide their own transportation to the facility.