Health Care Aide
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
21 weeks (full-time); 28 weeks (part-time/online); eight or 12 months (workplace)
TUITION & FEES
Total tuition: $2,800.00
Total fees: $953.00
Total tuition: $8,400.00
Total fees: $953.00
- minimum of English Language Arts 10-1 (or provincial equivalent), or successful completion of NorQuest academic assessment.
Note: International documents will NOT be accepted to meet the admission requirements. Applicants with international documents will be required to write the NorQuest academic assessment.
Health Care Aide workplace education delivery applicants only:
- all program admission requirements listed
- must be currently employed as a front-line caregiver in a participating agency
Conditional or provisional admission may be granted to applicants who are missing admission requirements after satisfying other conditions. See Admissions Process for more details.More details
NorQuest College’s Health Care Aide program is among the largest in Canada and prepares you to be a part of a health-care team in a variety of different settings, providing a high level of front-line care to clients in need of assistance. NorQuest College is licensed to deliver the Health Care Aide Government of Alberta Provincial Curriculum.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands.
- have access to a vehicle to travel to complete their practicum.
- have access to a computer and basic computer skills.
Applicants should review the job requirements listed below and assess your ability to fulfill the demands of the health care aide occupation.
As a health care aide, you must be able to:
- Work day, evening, and night shifts any day of the week
- Be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Use your knees, back, and arms to move clients who have minimal body strength
- Function effectively in stressful situations
- Perform all skills independently
This program is available at all regional campuses in an online delivery format.
Additional workplace deliveries are available. The Health Care Aide Workplace Education option is offered throughout Alberta in partnership with health-care employers. Consult your employer if you are interested in this program option.