PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
2 or 3 terms
TUITION & FEES
- Language Arts – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- 60% in English Language Arts 20-2 or equivalent
Health Care Aide workplace education delivery applicants only:
- all program admission requirements listed
- must be currently employed as a front-line caregiver in a participating agency
NorQuest College’s Health Care Aide program is among the largest in Canada and prepares you to be a part of a health-care team in a variety of different settings, providing a high level of front-line care to clients in need of assistance. NorQuest College is licensed to deliver the Health Care Aide Government of Alberta Provincial Curriculum.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- have access to a vehicle to travel to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer and basic computer skills
Applicants should review the job requirements listed below and assess your ability to fulfill the demands of the health care aide occupation.
As a health care aide, you must be able to:
- work day, evening, and night shifts any day of the week
- be on your feet for extended periods of time
- bend, squat and lift up to 40 pounds to move clients who have minimal body strength
- function effectively in stressful situations
- perform all skills independently
Health Care Aide Workplace Education
Are you currently working as a health care aide, or in an equivalent care-giving position, and want to become certified? The Health Care Aide Workplace Education option is offered throughout Alberta in partnership with health-care employers. It can be taken over twelve months, allowing you to study at home and have your skills assessed by a NorQuest College trained tutor at your worksite. During the program, you will need to work 320 hours in a client care role to meet program requirements. Contact email@example.com to find out if your facility offers this option.
- Paced study is combined with practice opportunities with your employer and agency tutor
- Monthly intakes are available (excluding January)
- Students interested in this program must consult their employer
This program includes three practicums totalling 320 hours.