All visitors to NorQuest campuses for classes or other services must declare their vaccination status.More details
Improve your English
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- NorQuest College language placement assessment to determine course level. Other standardized tests (CLBPT, CLBA, IELTS, TOEFL, and CELPIP) may also be considered. Language proficiency assessment results must be less than six months old at the time of application for placement into courses.
A minimum CLB or IELTS level of 4 is required for placement into courses.
Is English a second or additional language for you? Would full-time or part-time English as a second language studies help you to achieve your personal, academic, or professional goals?
Improve your English language listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills to prepare for further education or employment. Free placement testing is available after you have applied.
In ESL Intensive, you will learn to
- communicate with confidence in a variety of situations
- improve your pronunciation, speaking fluency, and grammar
- expand your vocabulary and use of idiomatic language
- develop reading strategies and effective writing skills
- build on your digital literacy skills through integrated computer instruction
ESL Intensive courses include:
- General Listening/Speaking and Reading/Writing courses, as well as integrated language courses that focus on all four language skills.
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses that are specifically designed to help you achieve your future academic goals. Some EAP courses may be used for meeting academic admission requirements at Alberta post-secondary institutions and English language proficiency requirements for NorQuest College post-secondary programs.
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP) courses that will help you improve your English language speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills. ESP courses will help prepare you for further education or employment in specific health and business careers by teaching you career-specific vocabulary and language used in those professions.
Code of Ethics and Quality Standards
ESL Intensive students will follow NorQuest College policies and appeal processes. Students may also seek further resolution through the Languages Canada Association.