PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
4 or 5 terms
TUITION & FEES
- Language Arts – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- Mathematics – this requirement can be met with the following, or an equivalent course:
- 65% in Math 30-1 or 75% in Math 30-2
- Chemistry – this requirement can be met with the following, or an equivalent course:
- 65% in Chemistry 30
- Biology – this requirement can be met with the following, or an equivalent course:
- 65% in Biology 30
Environmental protection technologists provide an important service to society by helping protect and sustain the long-term health of our ecosystems. This two-year diploma program will prepare students for technical work in the environmental sector.
Students will gain the practical knowledge and skills needed to offer professional advice on a wide range of subjects, including: environmental impact assessment; hazardous and non-hazardous waste management; waste reduction and reuse strategies; air, soil, and water pollution prevention and monitoring; compliance auditing; and contaminated site investigation and remediation.
This skill set is based on an integrated, hands-on training program that gives graduates a good working knowledge of physical and life sciences, including general biology, ecology, toxicology, chemistry, physics, and statistics.
The program will be offered on campus and will include hands-on training in both laboratory and field settings. Students will also have the option of participating in a co-operative work term. Following completion of the program, students will receive a diploma in Environmental Protection Technology and be eligible for designation as a certified technologist or technician.