All visitors to NorQuest campuses for classes or other services must declare their vaccination status.More details
Change your community for good
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
NorQuest College offers an approved and accredited two-year full-time Social Work diploma program with a multicultural focus. As its mission, the program emphasizes the value of human diversity and teaches the practice of social work within an anti-oppressive framework that is supportive and empowering.
As a social worker, you may have the ability to improve the quality of life for yourself and for others through self-reflection and offering resources, services, and opportunities for your prospective clients. In addition, you will be prepared to create social change through your work and professional activities.
Program themes include:
- competency working in different cultures
- social work practice that recognizes and deals with oppression
- awareness of cultural displacement issues
- awareness of personal abilities and resiliency
- community practice
- holistic practice
- practice in specialized settings
Students in the Social Work program can expect to develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- social work foundations
- the helping process
- social policy
- assessment and interviewing
- social work models and practice
- working with groups
- working with families and communities
- mental health
- abuse, violence, and addictions
The Social Work diploma program teaches students the value of human diversity in the context of Indigenous and multicultural knowledge and practices within an anti-oppressive and ethical framework that is supportive and empowering.
This program includes two practicums totalling 700 hours.