PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- Language Arts – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- Mathematics – this requirement can be met with the following, or an equivalent course:
- 50% in Mathematics 10C
- Biology – this requirement can be met with the following, or an equivalent course:
- 60% in Biology 30
Explore all the possibilities your future holds with a NorQuest education.
Interdisciplinary Therapy Assistant diploma program graduates are eligible for block transfer credit or admission into the following post-secondary programs:
- Bachelor of Health Administration (up to 42 credits)
- Bachelor of Professional Arts Human Services (up to 30 credits)
- Bachelor of Science (Post Diploma) in Human Science (30 credits)
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management
University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Community Rehabilitation
Additional credit transfer agreements with various institutions are currently in negotiation. Visit Transfer Alberta to look up courses that are accepted by other post-secondary institutions.
Graduating interdisciplinary therapy assistants will have the ability to work within both the public and private health-care systems as multi-skilled professionals. The key role of therapy assistants is to provide direct and indirect client care which focuses on recovering function through rehabilitation under the supervision of a therapist.
The therapy assistant also plays a key role in collaborating and communicating with all stakeholders to optimize services, and in continually maintaining and enhancing their level of competency. Settings can include private clinics, hospitals, continuing care centres, rehabilitation centres, clinics, and home care.
Employers advertise for therapy assistants frequently using the following terms:
- therapy assistants
- rehabilitation assistants
- physical therapy assistants
- occupational therapy assistants
- health care assistants
- therapy aides
For more information on related careers see:
To research your career, you may complete a Career Investigation Report.