PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
4 or 5 terms
TUITION & FEES
- Language Arts – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- Mathematics – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- 65% in Mathematics 20-1 or Mathematics 20-2
- 50% in Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2
Explore all the possibilities your future holds with a NorQuest education.
Laddering OpportunitiesStudents who complete the Business Administration program may receive credit towards the following programs at NorQuest College:
Through the provincial Business Administration pathway, students who complete Business Administration coursework at NorQuest College may be eligible for transfer credit at Bow Valley College, Grande Prairie Regional College, Keyano College, Lakeland College, Lethbridge College, MacEwan University, Medicine Hat College, NAIT, Northern Lakes College, Olds College, Portage College, Red Deer College, SAIT or Athabasca University.
Many professional organizations and post-secondary institutions recognize and provide credit for the Business Administration diploma. Visit Transfer Alberta to look up courses that are accepted by other post-secondary institutions.
Students may also have opportunity to work towards a professional designation following graduation, such as an accounting designation.
Following graduation, students may have opportunity to work towards a professional designation, such as an accounting designation.
All students currently enrolled in the Human Resources specialization are eligible for reduced Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Alberta annual student membership dues as an Accredited Student Member.
Students who graduated from the Human Resources specialization since May 2018, and who meet the necessary GPA requirements, are eligible to waive the National Knowledge Exam (NKE) requirement towards obtaining the CPHR designation. Once your NKE waiver is approved, you become a CPHR Candidate and can start earning the required professional level experience to earn your CPHR designation. Learn more.
Graduates of the Business Administration program may find employment in the private or public sector, in small business, government, banking, insurance, not-for-profit organizations, retail, hospitality, oilfield, construction, and other industries.
Accounting graduates may find careers as accounting technicians, accounting clerks, bankers, business analysts, bookkeepers, audit administrators, accounts payable or accounts receivable administrators, office managers, billing supervisors, business managers, credit and collections officers, inventory control officers, payroll accountants, and data entry professionals.
Human resources management graduates are able to apply their skills in a variety of career opportunities such as HR generalists, recruiter, HR coordinator, trainer, consultant, HR manager, or compensation/benefits specialist.
Management graduates have a broad understanding of various business concepts and applications, and as such, may find careers as general managers, operations managers, sales managers, account managers, branch managers, or business managers in retail, financial services, insurance, human resources, not-for-profit, sales, or marketing industries.
- Entrepreneurship graduates may want to start their own business or help build new businesses, but their training can be applied to any industry. With their entrepreneurial skill and strong, general business foundation, they can focus on the bigger picture. Graduates may also find work as marketing coordinators, project managers, business administrators, product managers, or sales account managers.
- Business operations management graduates will possess a highly transportable set of skills applicable to a variety of service and manufacturing industries, in both business improvement and supply chain roles. Project management, business analysis, purchasing, improvement specialist, quality control, and consulting roles would be examples of potential career paths.
Finance graduates may find careers as customer service representatives in banks, personal financial services specialists, insurance sales representatives, or seek a designation as a Qualified Associate Financial Planner.
For more information on related careers, see: