All visitors to NorQuest campuses for classes or other services must declare their vaccination status.More details
Advance your career
in the health field
Advanced Education in Orthopaedics for LPNs
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- active registration with a college for licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- applicants will require a minimum of 3600 hours (approximately two years) current acute care experience as an LPN
- informal interview with the program instructor
Note: The admission requirements listed above may be satisfied by submitting a letter from your employer stating that the requirements have been met and are up to date.More details
- active registration in good standing with a college for licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- active employment in an acute care site for a minimum of 3600 hours, as confirmed by a letter from your current employer. Acute care sites include medicine, surgery, intensive care, cardiac care, pediatrics, emergency departments, operating rooms, or out-patient cast rooms.
See Admissions Process for the steps to becoming a student.
Practicum/Work Experience Requirements
The following are not required for admission purposes, but will be required before you attend the clinical practice. There may be additional costs associated with completing these requirements.
- Successful completion of all prerequisite courses.
- The following courses are required. Certificates will be awarded upon completion:
- Clear Police Information Check. Vulnerable Sector Check is also required if over 18 years of age.
- Up-to-date immunization record.
- Completion of the AHS Information & Privacy online learning module.
- Completion of the HSPNet consent form.
See Work, Practicum, and Clinical Requirements for full details and instructions for all these requirements.
Students must attain 80% in each course to progress through the program.
Students must pass all courses to qualify for graduation. After successfully completing this program, graduates will be awarded a NorQuest Advanced Education in Orthopaedics for LPNs certificate and an orthopaedic pin.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.7
- The student must not have failed or repeated any courses