PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- Language Arts – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- Biology – this requirement can be met with the following, or an equivalent course:
- 50% in Biology 30
Explore all the possibilities your future holds with a NorQuest education.
Diploma program graduates are eligible for block transfer credit or admission into the following post-secondary programs:
- Bachelor of Health Administration (up to 42 credits)
- Bachelor of Professional Arts Human Services (up to 60 credits)
- Bachelor of Science (Post Diploma) in Human Science (30 credits)
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management
Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops, BC)
- Bachelor of Health Science (up to 57 credits)
- Bachelor of General Studies (up to 60 credits)
University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Community Rehabilitation
University of Lethbridge
- Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation (after the completion of the NorQuest Therapeutic Recreation Diploma, graduates can enter Year 3 of the Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation program)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
Additional credit transfer agreements with various institutions are currently in negotiation. Visit Transfer Alberta to look up courses that are accepted by other post-secondary institutions.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be qualified to work in continuing care, assisted living centres, hospitals, lodges, and mental health and day program settings.
For more information on related careers see:
Visit the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association for more information on this career.