Must love animals
Veterinary Office Assistant
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
TUITION & FEES
This fast-paced 12-week program will prepare you to work in the veterinary field as a valued member of the veterinary team in clinical, emergency, or specialty hospital settings. The program combines office administrative skills, veterinary medical terminology, and hands-on training. Veterinary office assistants have an important role in supporting veterinarians and technicians while interacting with clients and their pets to help make their experience a positive one.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- have a genuine love for a variety of animals and enjoy working with the public
- are able to remain calm in unpredictable situations
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands (e.g., lift up to 16 kg (35 lbs), push or pull 45 kg (100 lbs))
- have access to transportation to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer, internet connection, and basic keyboarding/computer skills
- are able to work shift work
- are able to dedicate 40-50 hours per week for full-time studies
- work well in a team environment
- can type 40 words per minute before the program starts (try a test)
This program is not recommended for international students as the work permit required for the practicum may not arrive in time.
This program includes a practicum totalling 150 hours.