Step forward into
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
Explore all the possibilities your future holds with a NorQuest education.
Diploma program graduates are eligible for transfer credit and may qualify for admission into the following post-secondary programs:
- Bachelor of Nursing: Post LPN
- Bachelor of Applied Human Service Administration
- Post-basic Operating Room Program for LPNs
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management
Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops, BC)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of General Studies
Diploma program graduates are eligible for block transfer credit into the following post-secondary program:
University of Lethbridge
- Post-Diploma Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Graduates who achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00 are eligible for third-year admission
University of Regina (Regina, SK)
- Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Refer to the Alberta Transfer Guide for the most recent information on transfer agreements.
Further Education Opportunities
Students who complete the Practical Nurse program and are actively registered with a college for practical nurses may qualify for the following programs at NorQuest College:
- Addictions Recovery Practitioner
- Advanced Education in Orthopaedics for LPNs
- Mental Health Recovery Practitioner
To practice as a licensed practical nurse, you must obtain licensure from the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA). You must pass a national exam, the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam (CPNRE) to attain active licensure with the CLPNA. In 2016, 91 per cent of NorQuest graduates passed the CPNRE on their first attempt. Visit the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta website for further details on the registration for new graduates.
Practical nurses find jobs in acute care hospitals, continuing care centres, community care settings, client homes, clinics, or doctors' offices.
For more information on related careers see:
To research your career, you may complete a Career Investigation Report.