Step forward into
a rewarding career
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
One of the largest in Canada, NorQuest College’s Practical Nurse program will prepare you to play a vital, frontline role in providing high-quality care to clients in a variety of health-care settings.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- have access to a vehicle to travel to complete their clinical practice
- have access to a computer and internet, and basic computer skills
- are able to demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour
Applicants are requested to assess their ability to fulfill the demands of the occupation of practical nurse. As a practical nurse, you must be able to:
- work shifts and weekends
- be on your feet for extended periods of time
- use your knees, back, and arms to move clients who have minimal body strength
- function effectively in stressful situations
- perform all skills independently
Students are required to travel to various locations in order to complete their clinical practice. Within the time frame of the program, every effort is made to accommodate students in clinical practice placements. Access to a vehicle may be required.
Refer to the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta website for more information about becoming a licensed practical nurse.
This program includes four practicums totalling 680 hours of clinical practice.