Make caring your career
Health Care Aide
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
NorQuest’s Health Care Aide program is among the largest in Canada and prepares you to be part of a health-care team in a variety of different settings, providing frontline care to clients in need of assistance.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- have access to a vehicle to travel to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer and basic computer skills
Applicants should review the job requirements listed below and assess your ability to fulfill the demands of the health care aide occupation.
As a health care aide, you must be able to:
- work day, evening, and night shifts any day of the week
- be on your feet for extended periods of time
- bend, squat and lift up to 40 pounds to move clients who have minimal body strength
- function effectively in stressful situations
- perform all skills independently
The Health Care Aide Workplace Education option is offered throughout Alberta in partnership with health-care employers. Consult your employer if you are interested in this program option.
This program includes three practicums totalling 320 hours.