Transcripts & Testing


Admission to NorQuest College requires you to submit transcripts from educational institutions at which you have previously studied. Your application cannot be completed until your official transcripts have been received (photocopies are not acceptable as they are not considered official). Once submitted, all transcripts become the property of NorQuest College and will not be released to you nor photocopied for you or anyone outside the college. This is standard practice among Canadian post-secondary institutions and is designed to protect the transcript's authenticity.

  • If you completed your education at NorQuest College, you do not need to request a transcript from NorQuest College.
  • If you applied online using the ApplyAlberta system, your Alberta high school and post-secondary transcripts will automatically be sent to NorQuest College. If, for some reason, we do not receive them, transcripts will show as an outstanding item in your "To Do" list on MyQuest. Contact Alberta Education and/or any other institution to have them sent to NorQuest. If for any reason, we do not receive transcripts through ApplyAlberta, it is your responsibility to ensure we receive the necessary documents.
    • To request an Alberta high school transcript, contact:

      Alberta Education
      High School Transcripts and Diplomas
      2nd Floor, 44 Capital Boulevard
      10044 108 Street NW
      Edmonton, Alberta T5J 5E6
      Phone toll-free (only within Alberta): 310.0000
      Extension: 780.427.5732
      Tel: 780.427.5732
      Fax: 780.422.2137

  • If you did not apply online or your educational institution is outside of Alberta, provide an official transcript from each high school and post-second­ary institution (college, university, technical institute) you have attend­ed.
    • Canadian high school transcripts: transcripts from other Canadian provinces can be obtained by contacting the appropriate board of education in the province in which you attended or are attending high school. Ontario high school students can apply for transcripts directly from the high school attended. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to NorQuest College. Check the Provincial/Territorial Grade 12 Equivalency Chart (71K pdf) to see whether your academic coursework may be equivalent to what is required in Alberta.
    • Canadian post-secondary transcripts: contact the Office of the Registrar of the institutions you have previously attended and request your transcripts be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar at NorQuest College.
    • International transcripts: Many countries have post-secondary institutions that will send original transcripts directly to Canadian schools upon your request, and may provide them fully translated into the English language. If you attended a post-secondary institution outside of Canada, contact your former school and request your original transcripts, with English translation (if applicable). Request your transcripts to be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar at NorQuest College. In some countries, education documents are not known as "transcripts"; check the International High School Credentials by Country Chart (192K pdf) to ensure you request the proper documentation. See International Transcripts for more information.
  • If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, and you submit international transcripts/documents for assessment for admission to NorQuest College programs, you will be charged a $55 document assessment fee at the time you submit them. This additional fee must be paid before any assessment of your documents will be conducted. If you submit an international credential course-by-course analysis evaluation, it may exempt you from paying this additional fee if the evaluation is deemed to provide sufficient information to make decisions about your admission. For more information, see International Credential Evaluations below.

Your submitted transcripts must be in English.

  • For schools where French is the primary language used, a certified English translation must accompany the original French transcripts.
  • Some countries will provide an English version of your transcripts if you ask for it when you request your transcripts.
  • If you need to have your documents translated, see Document Translation Services. Once the documents have been translated, you must submit the originals AND the certified translation. These will be returned to you once they are assessed.

Once your transcripts have been received by NorQuest College, they will appear in your "To Do" list on MyQuest as “received” or, if your transcripts have already been assessed, this will no longer appear on your list, meaning that the requirement has been completed.

International Credential Evaluations

Transcripts that have been evaluated by the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), World Education Services (WES), or International Credential Service of Canada (ICAS) can be submitted to assist the Office of the Registrar with transcript evaluations. NorQuest College reserves the right to provide our own interpretation of the assessments provided and, if necessary, ask for further proof of admission criteria.

Skills Testing

Skills testing is an option for most (not all) programs for students who do not meet the academic requirements of the program. You will be advised whether skill testing is an option for you and how to book those tests.
Once you have completed skills testing, the Academic Skills Assessment Centre will provide you the results either in-person or via your MyMail account.

English Language Proficiency Testing

English language proficiency (ELP) is required for all students whose first language is NOT English. Once you are assessed for admission, your "To Do" list in MyQuest will show an ELP level if it is required.
The ELP tests cover English reading, writing, speaking, and listening comprehension. Each program has an ELP requirement of what your language level needs to be to ensure your success in your chosen program. If you have to complete an ELP test, it must have been completed within two years prior to the start of your program. View your program's admission requirements to see what ELP tests are acceptable.

Note: ELP is not the same as English academics. The English academic curriculum covers six language arts: listening, speaking, reading, writing, viewing, and representing. Students read, write, and study essays, novels, and poetry, expressing their opinions and sharing their perspectives to become critical thinkers. Meeting the ELP requirement does not exempt you from meeting the English academic course work required for the program. Furthermore, having taken compulsory English courses as part of your studies or taking ESL courses at NorQuest College or elsewhere may not exempt you from providing an ELP result. Our request for an ELP result depends upon your individual circumstances and/or the primary language of instruction used in the country in which your previous education was completed. Check the ELP Exempt Countries Chart (71K pdf) to see whether your country may be exempt.

Foreign Documents?


See Document translation services to have your transcript or testing documents translated to English. Or, see Foreign Document Assessment Service for document evaluations.

Need other types of testing for admission?

See Assessment & Testing Services for academic assessments, transcript evaluations, equivalency and GED testing, and English language proficiency testing offered by NorQuest College.

Need to obtain transcripts from NorQuest?

Visit Transcripts for instructions.