Notice: NorQuest website maintenance is scheduled for Wednesday, June 19 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm MT. During this period, the website will be down, however, students can access MyMail, Moodle, MyQuest, Staff portal, Room booking.

Student incident, injury, or accident information

Did you know that students enrolled and attending post-secondary studies in Alberta are considered workers under the Alberta Workers’ Compensation Act of Alberta and have Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) coverage?

WCB is an insurance system that may cover incidents, injuries, or accidents arising out of or in the course of employment for workers.

A enrolled student attending NorQuest who experiences an incident/accident/injury in a classroom/lab setting, or while taking part in activities in their “work as a student” and reports it according to the reporting procedures, may be eligible for a claim.

Studying at home or participating in social extracurricular activities are usually not considered part of the student's work.

Students who have an incident, injury, or accident on campus or during their work-integrated learning experience must report it.

NorQuest College may buy other accident and injury coverage for students who do not qualify for Alberta WCB student coverage. Email for more information.

See Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) Alberta for more information.

Student incident, injury, or accident reporting procedures

  1. Immediately seek medical attention. Get the first aid you need. Tell your doctor, physiotherapist, or chiropractor you were injured.
  2. If the incident/accident/injury happened on campus, report the incident/accident/injury to your instructor within 24-48 hours. For work-integrated learning experiences like practicums, report the incident/accident/injury to your program and employer/workplace partner within 24-48 hours.
  3. Complete the WCB - Alberta Employer Report of Injury Form.

Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board handles all WCB claims. Contact the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) with questions.

General help for students completing the form is available from the Centre for Growth and Harmony at NorQuest College. Call 780.644.6155 or email

WCB does not cover the cost of ambulances related to the injury. Alberta Advanced Education may cover these costs. Contact the Operational Data and Information Brand Administrator. Send ambulance claims to:

Alberta Education Deemed Workers
10th floor Commerce Place
10155102 Street NW
Edmonton, AB  T5J 4L5