PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
TUITION & FEES
- 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or 70% in English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent, or completion of ESLG 1898 and ESLG 1899 with a minimum of 60%.
- 50% in Mathematics 10C or equivalent*
- 60% in Biology 30 or equivalent
* If it has been 10 or more years since you completed Mathematics courses (i.e. Math 10, 20, 30 or Math 13, 23, 33), you will be required to complete a skills assessment, take a challenge exam, or complete upgrading to meet the Math requirement for this program.
Conditional or provisional admission may be granted to applicants who are missing admission requirements after satisfying other conditions. See Admissions Process for more details.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP test results must have been obtained within two years of the start date of your program.
Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following test scores:
- CLBA: no section score below 8
- IELTS Academic: 6.5; no section score below 6
- TOEFL iBT: 84; no section score below 21
- CELPIP General: 8; no section score below 7
- CAEL: 60; no section score below 60
- minimum of 80% in ESLS 8000 or ESLS 8100, and 80% in ESLW 8000 or ESLW 8100; or minimum of 50% in ESLG 1860 and ESLG 1861
Note: ELP is a separate requirement from the English academic admission requirement.
Practicum/Work Experience Requirements
The following are not required for admission purposes, but will be required before you attend your practicum. There may be additional costs associated with completing these requirements.
- Successful completion of all prerequisite courses, including written and practical exams.
- The following courses are required; certificates will be awarded upon completion:
- Clear Police Information Check. The original Police Information Check must be submitted in person, or by mail. Photocopies, faxes, scans, or emails are not accepted. See Work, Practicum, and Clinical Requirements for full details.
- Up-to-date immunization record. See Work, Practicum, and Clinical Requirements for full details.
- Completion of the AHS Information & Privacy online learning module. Sign the Confidentiality and User Agreement on the last page of the module.
- Read and sign the HSPNet consent form (390KB pdf).
Submit the required certificates and forms listed above (unless otherwise indicated):
- by email to FHCStodolist@norquest.ca.
International students must obtain a co-op work permit before beginning the work-integrated learning component of the program. A medical exam may also be required. See Co-Op Work Permit for more information.
ProgressionStudents must attain a pass grade in each course to progress through the program. To qualify for graduation, students must pass all courses.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.7
- The student must not have failed or repeated any courses