PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
TUITION & FEES
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or 70% in English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent
- 50% in Biology 30 or equivalent
- completion of the Therapeutic Recreation Certificate program or equivalent and/or permission from the Program Chair is a requirement for admission to the diploma program
Explore all the possibilities your future holds with a NorQuest education.
The following program courses have university transfer credit:
Diploma program graduates are eligible for block transfer credit into the following post-secondary programs:
- Bachelor of Health Administration (up to 42 credits)
- Bachelor of Professional Arts Human Services (up to 60 credits)
- Bachelor of Science (Post Diploma) in Human Science (30 credits)
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management
Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops, BC)
- Bachelor of Health Science (up to 57 credits)
- Bachelor of General Studies (up to 60 credits)
University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Community Rehabilitation
University of Lethbridge
- Post-Diploma Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Graduates who achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00 are eligible for third-year admission
Additional credit transfer agreements with various institutions are currently in negotiation. For the most recent and up-to-date information on transfer agreements, refer to the Alberta Transfer Guide.
The diploma program meets the requirements for professional registration by the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association, and allows students to continue on to pursue university degrees. Diploma graduates are eligible to become professional members of the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be qualified to work in continuing care, assisted living centres, hospitals, lodges, and mental health and day program settings.
For more information on related careers see:
Visit the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association for more information on this career.