Equivalency and GED Testing
The GED test battery consists of multiple-choice tests in writing, social studies, science, mathematics, and reading.
If you pass all the tests, you will receive a statement of your GED exam marks and your high school equivalency diploma. Many employers accept the GED in place of a regular high school diploma and some post-secondary institutions accept the GED as a high school diploma equivalent. Call your post-secondary institute of choice to determine whether they will accept the GED.
Although GED is an alternative method of obtaining a high school equivalency diploma, it is not always accepted in lieu of Alberta Education credit courses for admission to higher education at post-secondary institutions, including post-secondary programs offered at NorQuest College. If you intend to apply to a post-secondary program, check with the institution to see whether GED is acceptable in lieu of academic credit course work.
To register for the GED Exam
- Download and complete the GED Exam Application Form (PDF)
- Email the completed registration form to email@example.com.
- Once the registration form has been sent and you have read the GED Bulletin (PDF), phone 780.644.5865 to provide payment information.
Note: Payment is required the same day you send your registration form.
Your seat is not reserved until you have paid.
Preparing for the GED Exam
- If you have a disability and require special accommodations for the GED or if you wish to write the exams in French, call 780.644.6091 for information before you apply.
- Review Preparing for the GED Exams (PDF). If you think you may not be ready to write the GED tests, you can sign up for our GED Prep (GEDP 1000) course. Call 780.644.6000 for more information.
- Do your employees require GED instruction? We can offer customized instruction. Call 780.644.6480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
GED Test Fees
|Small Group Testing Fee
||$300 per group + basic fee per person
|Private Writing Fee
||$300 - by appointment only
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Out of the regular school system for at least ten consecutive months
GED Test Dates
|Edmonton Main Campus
|October 14-15, 2016
||September 30, 2016
|November 4-5, 2016
||October 21, 2016
|December 2-3, 2016
||November 18, 2016
|Drayton Valley Campus
|March 31 - April 1, 2016
|June 23 - 24, 2016