Visas and Study Permits

It can be challenging to navigate a new country’s immigration rules. It is your responsibility to obey immigration regulations and maintain your immigration status while in Canada.

Note: NorQuest College cannot provide advice to you, or act on your behalf, on immigration matters. Refer to Citizenship and Immigration Canada where complete information, application forms, and instructions on immigrating to Canada are available.

Student visas and study permits

Review the Admissions Process for more information on applying to NorQuest College as an international student.

Once admission requirements (both academic and non-academic) are met, an official Letter of Admission will be issued by NorQuest College. The official Letter of Admission is required to obtain a study permit or student visa for any programs longer than six months.

NorQuest College has application deadlines because it takes several months to process study visas:

Term start Applications accepted starting Application deadline
Fall October 1 of the previous year June 30
Winter February 1 of the previous year October 31
Spring/Summer June 1 of the previous year February 28

You will also need to use NorQuest College's Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number on your application.
NorQuest's DLI number is O18795996622.

For details on obtaining student visas, contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your home country, or visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Co-op work permits

You may not require a study permit for programs that are less than six months in length. However, if these programs have a work experience component, you are required to obtain a study permit and a co-op work permit prior to starting your program.

Learn more about co-op work permits.

Post-graduation work permits (PGWP)

International students enrolled in online programs or programs that are less than eight months in duration will not be eligible for a PGWP. Under eligibility requirements for a PGWP, a program of study should be delivered in person and at least eight months in duration, leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate.

For more information about the PGWP and its eligibility requirements, visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.