All Spring 2020 classes will be delivered online

Getting Around Edmonton

Edmonton Transit busCredit: Myke Waddy / CC-BY-SA-3.0

Light Rail Transit (LRT)

The LRT has 19 stations throughout the city, making travel fast and convenient.

Visit for routes and fares.

Use of the LRT is included in the student U-Pass.


Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) routes offer quick transportation to major facilities such as Commonwealth Stadium, Northlands, and the University of Alberta to connect with the LRT system. You can transfer between the bus and LRT systems. Buses serve every neighbourhood in the greater Edmonton area, making it convenient and cost effective.

Visit for routes and fares.

Use of the ETS system is included in the student U-Pass.


Taxis are usually available at hotels, shopping centres, and event venues. In areas without a taxi stand, it is usually quicker to call for service rather than hail a taxi.


  • The minimum age for licensed drivers in Alberta is 16.
  • Visitors may drive using their own country's valid driver's license for up to one year.
  • Alberta has a graduated licensing program.
  • To hold an Alberta driver's license, you must be a permanent legal resident of Canada and an Alberta resident. For more information on driving requirements affecting international students, see Service Alberta's website.
  • To own and operate a vehicle in Alberta, you must have valid accident insurance with a minimum coverage of $200,000.
  • A distracted driving law is in effect for all of Alberta. It restricts drivers from a number of activities, including using hand-held mobile phones and electronic devices, texting, reading, writing, and grooming. For more information, see Alberta's Distracted Driving Legislation.
  • U-turns are prohibited.

Ask us a question

International Student Office
Civic Employees Legacy Tower
Room 1-215


NorQuest College's Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number is O18795996622.

Imagine Education au/in Canada

Languages Canada / Langues Canada