Practicum/work experience requirements
Students need to travel to various locations to complete their clinical practice experiences. Within the time frame of the program, every effort is made to accommodate students in clinical placements. Students may need to travel up to 100 kilometres. Access to a vehicle may be needed. Students may need to work a variety of shifts during practicum including days, evenings, and weekends.
Before you attend your practicum, you will need:
- to successfully complete all prerequisite courses.
- the following courses. Certificates will be awarded upon completion:
- WHMIS: XBUS 1017 (current within three years)
- HBPE: XHLT 1023 (current within three years)
- a keyboarding speed of 40 words per minute, verified in XBUS 1165
- a clear Police Information Check.
- an up-to-date immunization record.
There may be costs associated with completing these requirements. See Completing work, practicum, and clinical requirements for details and further instructions.
International students: You must get a co-op work permit before beginning the work-integrated learning component of the program. A medical exam may also be needed. See Co-op work permit for more information.