Hospital Unit Clerk - Overview
Hospital Unit Clerks play a vital role in managing information flow in hospital nursing units. Obtain your certificate in just four months, including a four-week practicum.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands.
- have access to transportation to complete their practicum/work experience.
- have access to a computer, internet connection and basic keyboarding/computer skills
- are able to work shift work
- are able to dedicate 10 – 20 additional hours per week over and above regular course hours
- work well in a team environment
- are able to work 150 hours, four weeks of full-time work to complete the practicum including different shifts and weekend work
- can type 30-35 net words per minute before the program starts
For Winter 2017, the program deliveries are currently:
- full-time face-to-face – at capacity, and no longer accepting applications for the waiting list.
- full-time online – at capacity, and no longer accepting applications for the waiting list.
New delivery added! Full-time online delivery starting Spring 2017
If you are on the waiting list, seats typically become available one week prior to the start of term and during the first week of classes, and can be filled by students who are able to attend on short notice. Check your MyMail regularly so you don’t miss an opportunity that may become available.
There are many opportunities for employment in the growing field of health care. Students may work in acute care hospitals, extended care facilities, and private medical offices.
For more information on related careers see:
Program Length16 weeks, including 4 week practicum
Delivery OptionsFull-time (FT), Part-time (PT), Online
|Delivery Method||Terms Starting||Length||Location|
|Full-time, face-to-face||Fall 2016 term
Winter 2017 term
|16 weeks||Edmonton downtown|
|Full-time, online||Fall 2016 term
Winter 2017 term
Spring 2017 term
|16 weeks||Anywhere, online|
|Part-time evenings, face-to-face||Fall 2016 term||September – June||Edmonton downtown|
Note: Some online classes may be available on a part-time basis as Open Studies. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
LocationAnywhere, Edmonton Downtown
This program is available at all regional campuses in an online delivery format.