Hospital Unit Clerk
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
16 weeks, including 4 week practicum
TUITION & FEES
Total tuition: $3,990.00
Total fees: $998.00
Total tuition: $11,571.00
Total fees: $998.00
- 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or 70% in English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent
- 50% in Mathematics 10C or equivalent*
*Note: If it has been 10 or more years since you completed mathematics courses (i.e. Math 10, 20, 30 or Math 13, 23, 33), you will be required to complete a skills assessment, take a challenge exam, or complete upgrading to meet the mathematics requirement.More details
Hospital Unit Clerks play a vital role in managing information flow in hospital nursing units. Obtain your certificate in just four months, including a four-week practicum.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands.
- have access to transportation to complete their practicum/work experience.
- have access to a computer, internet connection and basic keyboarding/computer skills
- are able to work shift work
- are able to dedicate 10 – 20 additional hours per week over and above regular course hours
- work well in a team environment
- are able to work 150 hours, four weeks of full-time work to complete the practicum including different shifts and weekend work
- can type 30-35 net words per minute before the program starts
Our program prepares you for this position with classroom or online instruction and work experience in a medical setting. Learn about medical terminology, processing medical orders, communication skills, administrative procedures, and computer skills.
Note: Students will need access to a PC compatible computer with Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) installed throughout the duration of the program. A Mac computer will not work for this program.
This 16-week program includes a four-week practicum.
This program is available at all regional campuses in an online delivery format.