PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- Language Arts – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- 60% in English Language Arts 20-2 or equivalent
Health Care Aide workplace education delivery applicants only:
- all program admission requirements listed
- must be currently employed as a front-line caregiver in a participating agency
NorQuest College’s Health Care Aide program is among the largest in Canada and prepares you to be a part of a health-care team in a variety of different settings, providing a high level of front-line care to clients in need of assistance.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- have access to a vehicle to travel to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer and basic computer skills
Applicants should review the job requirements listed below and assess your ability to fulfill the demands of the health care aide occupation.
As a health care aide, you must be able to:
- work day, evening, and night shifts any day of the week
- be on your feet for extended periods of time
- bend, squat and lift up to 40 pounds to move clients who have minimal body strength
- function effectively in stressful situations
- perform all skills independently
Health Care Aide Workplace Education
Are you currently working as a health care aide, or in an equivalent care-giving position, and want to become certified? The Health Care Aide Workplace Education option is offered throughout Alberta in partnership with health-care employers. It can be taken over twelve months, allowing you to study at home and have your skills assessed by a NorQuest College trained tutor at your worksite. During the program, you will need to work 320 hours in a client care role to meet program requirements. Contact email@example.com to find out if your facility offers this option.
- Paced study is combined with practice opportunities with your employer and agency tutor
- Monthly intake are available (excluding January)
- Students interested in this program must consult their employer
This program includes three practicums totalling 320 hours.