Advance your career
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- active registration with a college for licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- applicants will require a minimum of 3600 hours (approximately two years) current acute care experience as an LPN
- informal interview with the program instructor
Note: The admission requirements listed above may be satisfied by submitting a letter from your employer stating that the requirements have been met and are up to date.More details
This post-diploma, advanced certificate program prepares licensed practical nurses with the knowledge and skills for a specialized career in orthopaedics. The program consists of two theory courses, one lab course, and a clinical practice through self-paced study.
Learners will further their understanding of anatomy and physiology in relation to orthopaedics and orthopaedic radiology, assessment, and trauma. The curriculum includes specialized orthopaedic procedures, including casting.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- have access to a vehicle to travel to complete their clinical practice
- have access to a computer and basic computer skills
Delivery methods for this program include:
- online delivery/in-person practicum
- self-paced study
- tutorial help from an instructor
- five-day full-time workshop
- continuous intakes monthly except for July and August
This program includes a 300-hour practicum.