Advanced Education in Orthopaedics for LPNs
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- active registration with a college for licensed practical nurses
- applicants will require a minimum of 3600 hours (approximately two years) current acute care experience as an LPN
- informal interview with the program instructor
Note: The admission requirements listed above may be satisfied by submitting a letter from your employer stating that the requirements have been met and are up to date.More details
This post-diploma program prepares licensed practical nurses with the knowledge and skills for a specialized career in orthopaedics. It consists of three courses and a 300-hour practicum. Further your understanding of anatomy and physiology in relation to orthopaedics and orthopaedic radiology, assessment, and trauma.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- have access to a vehicle to travel to complete their clinical practice
- have access to a computer and basic computer skills
NorQuest College offers additional continuing education courses for LPNs.
This program includes a practicum totalling 300 hours.