PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
- graduate of a Practical Nurse program in Canada, or graduate of an RN/Bachelor of Nursing program outside of Canada
Note: Academic admission requirements are different from English language proficiency (ELP) requirements. NorQuest College English for Academic Purposes courses may be used to meet both requirements. See below for details.More details
Explore all the possibilities your future holds with a NorQuest education.
Diploma program graduates are eligible for transfer credit and may qualify for admission into the following post-secondary programs:
- Bachelor of Nursing: Post-LPN
- Bachelor of Applied Human Service Administration
- Post-basic Operating Room Program for LPNs
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management
Thompson Rivers University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of General Studies
University of Regina
- Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Visit Transfer Alberta to look up courses that are accepted by other post-secondary institutions.
Further Education Opportunities
Practical Nurse Refresher graduates can also further enhance their education through our LPN continuing education courses.
Upon completion of the program, you will be eligible to write the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination to obtain a licence to practice nursing in Alberta.
To practice as a licensed practical nurse, you must obtain licensure from the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA). Visit the CLPNA website for further details on the registration for new graduates.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be prepared for jobs in acute care hospitals, continuing care centres, community care settings, client homes, clinics, and doctors' offices.
For more information on related careers see:
To research your career, you may complete a Career Investigation Report.