An education with
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- Language Arts – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
Note: Academic admission requirements are different from English language proficiency (ELP) requirements. NorQuest College English for Academic Purposes courses may be used to meet both requirements. See below for details.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
You must provide proof of ELP prior to admission. ELP test results must have been obtained within two years of the start date of your program.
Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following test scores:
- IELTS Academic: 6.5; no section score below 6
- TOEFL iBT: 84; no section score below 21
- Cambridge English Language Assessment: 180; no section score below 165
- CAEL: 70; no section score below 70
- PTE Academic: 59; no section score below 56
- Duolingo: 115
- minimum of:
See Admissions Process for the steps to becoming a student.
Practicum/Work Experience Requirements
Students are required to travel to various locations to complete their clinical practice experiences. Within the time frame of the program, every effort is made to accommodate students in clinical placements. Students may need to travel up to 100 kilometres; access to a vehicle may be required. Students will be required to work variety of shifts during practicum including days, evenings, and weekends.
The following are not required for admission purposes, but will be required before you attend the practicum. There may be additional costs associated with completing these requirements.
- Successful completion of all prerequisite courses.
- The following courses are required. Certificates will be awarded upon completion:
- Clear Police Information Check. Vulnerable Sector Check is not required.
- Up-to-date immunization records.
- Completion of the AHS Information & Privacy online learning module.
- Completion of the HSPNet consent form.
See Work, Practicum, and Clinical Requirements for full details and instructions for all these requirements.
Students must attain a pass grade in each course to progress through the program.
Students must pass all courses to qualify for graduation.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.7
- The student must not have failed or repeated any courses
Students require a computer with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), and a stable internet connection for this program. Learn more about Bring Your Own Device.