PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- Language Arts – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- Mathematics – this requirement can be met with any of the following, or an equivalent course:
- 65% in MATH 1905 or 50% in Mathematics 10-3
In this condensed, intensive 12-week certificate program you will learn how to handle the administrative functions of a dental practice. You will learn about dental terminology, dental office procedures, dental computer software and communication strategies for working with a diverse community of clients.
Students are more likely to be successful in this career if they:
- are interested in the administrative aspects of an oral health clinic
- enjoy working with the public in a health care setting
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- are able to work shift work, including evenings and weekends
- work well in a team environment
- enjoy administrative tasks and are committed to customer service
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- have access to a PC computer with a stable internet connection
- have keyboarding and basic computer skills
- can type 40 words per minute before the program starts
- are self-motivated, organized, and goal oriented
- are able to dedicate 40-50 hours per week for full-time studies
This program is not recommended for international students, as the work permit required for the practicum may not arrive in time.
This program includes a 150-hour practicum.
The practicum may be arranged in or close to the student's community. The student's practicum schedule will follow the preceptor's schedule and may include day, evening, or night shifts any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. Students are required to work full-time during the practicum and provide their own transportation to the facility.