A career in focus
Optical Office Assistant
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
TUITION & FEES
Play an important role supporting ophthalmologists, optometrists, ophthalmic technicians, and opticians while providing a positive experience for patients and clients.
In this fast-paced 12-week program you will learn administrative skills to coordinate and manage patient care, as well as basic pre-testing skills used in optical practices, clinics, and other settings.
Optical office assistants play an important role in supporting ophthalmologists, optometrists, ophthalmic technicians, and opticians while helping to provide a positive experience for patients and clients.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- enjoy working with the public
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- have access to transportation to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer, internet connection, and basic keyboarding/computer skills
- are able to work shift work
- are able to dedicate 40-50 hours per week for full-time studies
- work well in a team environment
- are able to work 150 hours, four weeks of full-time work to complete the practicum including day, evening, or night shifts on any day of the week, including weekends and holidays
- can type 40 words per minute before the program starts (try a test)
This program is not recommended for international students as the work permit required for the practicum may not arrive in time.